The basic reason you create blog posts is to reach out to your audience. For example, if you are selling shoes. The major reason you place those shoes in front of your store is to expose them to people. And you understand that automatically, the more people see those products, the more sales you are likely to make. This is also how blog traffic works.
It is simply like you present your blog or blog content in such a way that it gets exposed to people and those who are in need of it will visit the blog. You can now see how important it is to learn how to get traffic to your blog. This article is important because it guides on how to get people to read your blog.
10 Ways to Get Traffic to Your Blog
If you want to learn how to get blog traffic, then this section should be read carefully. The following methods have been proven to be effective for that purpose.
1. Understand your niche and your audience:
Just like the illustration that was given earlier, let’s say, “selling shoes” is the niche while those that want to buy shoes are the audience. Now, you do not expect someone who needs a mobile phone to visit your store. Therefore, making research about the people that may be in need of your niche is important if you must learn how to get your blog noticed. Understanding your niche and blog audience is important because:
- They will push you to create great contents
- They will always come back to visit your blog
- They help you to get great post ideas
- Your target audience will be willing to buy products from you.
Having said that, you should not only learn how to drive traffic to your blog, you should also learn how to find where your target audience are:
- Make use of Quora
- Engage in discussion groups
- Google search
- Get active on facebook groups
- Utilise Pinterest keywords
- Review sites and apps
- Guest post on other blogs
2. Write contents regularly that solves problem:
In learning how to get your blog noticed, you need to understand that everyone likes to go to where their problems can get solved. If you can solve people’s problems, then you will have a better chance at driving more traffic to your blog. They will even recommend your blog to other people. You need to be consistent and persistent about this in order to achieve highly effective results.
Using good titles and good images also suggests to the audience that you are serious with what you are doing. The titles should point out the fact that you are trying to solve a specific problem or a group of problems. The images or videos should be of high quality in order to appeal to your audience. Of course, they can be used as tools for proffering solutions in your content. If you must learn how to increase blog traffic, then you must do these things right.
3. Optimize contents with keywords
Keywords are important because they may be the exact words your audience will type on search engines whenever they are using their browsers. So, if you use the same combinations of keywords as theirs, then your blog will come up as part of their search results. It’s just as simple as that with the utilization of SEO (search engine optimization) techniques. This is one of the key steps in learning how to get blog traffic.
Apart from the above, in understanding how to get traffic to your blog with the use of SEO, you take some important steps. Before using the keywords, you need to do keyword research. After that, you may then do the following:
- Select the keywords you want to focus on
- Prioritize these keywords
- Ensure your content is indexed on search engines
- Include your target keywords in your title tag
- Make sure your keywords reflect in your links
- Optimize images with keywords
- Include your keywords in text snippets
4. Run content marketing:
Content marketing is important to the success of your blog. Some companies and blogs have well-organized content marketing strategies that always end up better than others. So, if you keep knowing how to get traffic to your blog, then you must master your content marketing strategy.
64% of companies have said that one of their educational goals is to learn the means through which they could build an effective content marketing strategy. Below are the steps to follow in content marketing:
- Set out your goals and missions: write out the things you’d love to achieve: your target audience, the benefits, the contents that would reach them, etc.;
- Establish your Key performance indicators (KPI): these will let you know if you are achieving your goals;
- Know your audience: you need to research the demographics of your target audience. You must know their gender, age, geographic location, behavior, interest, etc. this is so in order to enable them to feed them well. This is necessary in order to strategize for content creation and distribution adequately.
- Assess your current progress
- Check out the best content channels
- Decide on the types of contents you want to create
- Look for and assign resources for content creation
- Make a content roaster
- Create the contents
- Distribute your content
- Evaluate the results
5. Utilize social media
According to Statista, 2.95 billion people make use of social media. And the number has been predicted to rise to about 3.43 billion people by the year 2023.
You can tap into this and get more people to view your blog. A lot of people use social media because they communicate with people around the world. Likewise, you could also gather traffic from around the world to your blog. Isn’t that nice?
So, if you use social media, you do not have a problem with how to get people to read your blog. All you just need to do is to find the location of your target audience on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc., and then redirect them to your blog. To understand how to get your blog noticed on social media, follow the tips below:
- Complete your profile
- Get your blog content promoted
- Ensure that your blog contents are easy to share
- Post content when you know your audience is most active on specific platforms
- Share more visual content – photos, animations, GIFs, Infographics, videos, etc.
- Consistently engage with your target audience
- Make sure your calls to action (CTAs) are optimized
- Use paid social media adverts
6. Write guest posts:
Writing blog posts means that you will submit articles to some other blogs that have a similar but larger audience base.
By posting on their blog, you can direct the audience to your blog. So, ensure your post is attractive and high-quality content. Read more here.
7. Outreach bloggers and influencers:
Outreaching may not be an easy task to do. It involves reaching out to bloggers and influencers and using their influence in finding a solution to your “how to get blog traffic” mission. These individuals are people who have good followership or audience base. So, you could use them in getting your blog content exposed to their audience.
8. Build links:
If you are involved in blogging, then you can’t do without links. There are a lot of free and paid link-building tools. A lot of things go into building links to generate traffic for your blog (analyses, link building, outreach, guest posting, etc.). In learning how to get people to read your blog, read more about building links, and you’ll be on the path to achieving your objective on how to get your blog noticed.
9. Run advertisements on Google and Facebook
Learning about running ads is part of learning how to drive traffic to your blog. Google and Facebook are some of the largest platforms that house your potential audience. You only need to run ads on them in order to reach your audience.
If you know how to run ads on the aforementioned sites, then you are very close to fully understanding how to increase blog traffic. It is one of the most effective methods to know in learning how to get blog traffic. It is advisable to keep your message short and simple. Also; make use of visual content, select your precise audience, etc.
10. Check analytics and take corrective actions:
In learning how to get your blog noticed, checking analytics means that you are evaluating your results, and checking to see if things are working out. It is not just enough to know how to get traffic to your blog, but also how to get people to read your blog (or how to get your blog noticed). You should also have a way to measure your employed methods for how to drive traffic to your blog.
It will make no sense if you try out all the methods on how to increase blog traffic, and you are not getting a positive result. This could be because of a mistake you are making. So, ensure that you assess your steps always through the results displayed on your analytics, and then correct any mistake you may have made. And if the steps on how to get blog traffic are working well for you, then you could also improve on them.
Three Common Mistakes of Blogging
- Don’t complicate your content: You should try as much as possible to make your content simple so that the least educated member of your audience will understand the message well. It will be a disadvantage if your audience finds your content too ambiguous. You will be losing visitors this way.
- Don’t waste the time of your readers: remember that your readers are not readers by profession. So, they are not getting paid for reading your blog content. So, make sure you pass your message across to them as fast as possible. That is why visual contents are quite good. Instead of them reading many words, a picture will pass the message quickly. So, use pictures, videos, animations, etc. as well. And if you will be using words, focus more on quality than quantity. Sometimes, less is more.
- Don’t ignore user experience: the experience of readers is much more important to them and it should be equally important to you. If you have a bad experience with a client, would you go back to the client? No. likewise your readers. If they had a bad experience with the contents, interface, design, etc. of your blog, then you lost them already. . So, ensure that the user experience is improved regularly.
Whether you do blogging for passion or for business, getting traffic is the goal. There are hundreds of methods you can utilize when driving traffic to your blog. In providing tips on how to get your blog noticed, we have listed the most effective ways to do so. Hopefully, they will be of great benefit to you. If you are done going through this guide, kindly let us know your opinion.