Table of Contents
What Is Outreach Marketing
First, to the question, what is outreach marketing. Outreach marketing is the process of reaching out to organizations or people who may have some form of interest in what you offer. In short, when you look out for companies or individuals who are interested in your business, then you are setting out to begin outreach marketing. This process is aimed towards boosting the recognition of your brand, facilitating your brand promotion, and boosting your revenue.
Outreach marketing is a method whereby we target our content towards some websites or individuals that are influential so they could help bring in traffic and/or promote our company.
Benefits of Outreach Marketing
It is often said that everything has its own benefits. Marketing outreach also has its benefits. Of course, we won’t even be talking about it right now if it has no benefits. Below are some of the benefits of marketing outreach:
- You get the chance to improve your online presence: your outreach plan and outreach strategy could earn you an improved online presence if you do it well. For example, you can write for Forbes. When you involve in marketing outreach, you could be able to find those you can partner with and reach their customer base. Consequent to this, your audience will grow too.
- It increases the quality of your content: when you get a customer outreach through bloggers and influencers, you gain experience in knowing what your leads may be in need of. Then you could localize and optimize your content for your outreach campaign. Through this, you may even evaluate your outreach strategy and modify it to a working outreach plan.
- Personalized approach: through marketing outreach, you get to make your web content with the human feeling and touch. Links and blogs could help you attain an outreach strategy that is tailored for the use of your clients and potential clients alone.
- Creation of collaborations and making them stronger: if your business is still a small one, you could merge or collaborate with some other businesses that are not your competitors. This is to have a wider customer base. Through this, you would reach a larger audience than if you had done it alone. Together, we go farther.
How to Make an Outreach Plan
Marketing outreach campaign is very critical and important. It is more like going for a battle where you have to win over a lack of sales for your products. You can’t go unprepared. Your outreach campaign must be intact and must be tailored to achieve your goals. As a result of this, you must come up with a marketing outreach plan. So, the question now is “what is outreach plan?”
A marketing outreach plan is a process you have set out to guide you through the outreach campaign in order to achieve the set goals for your brand or product. Now, how do you make such a plan?
- Set your contact right: one most important thing you should do is to make sure you have your target audience intact. Your client outreach can only be possible if you know the information about your potential clients and you can direct your outreach campaign towards them. You don’t want to send outreach campaigns about electronics to children who don’t need it. If you get your clients right, you have no problem with the success of your client outreach campaign.
- Ensure your email subject line is catchy: one of the things your clients first come in contact with is your subject line. If they don’t like it, then, they won’t pay attention to you and your content. So, make sure you have a catchy subject line to attract your potential clients. That’s one of the aims of the client outreach campaign.
- Include personalization: when you personalize the body of the mail you are sending to the potential clients; they have the feeling that you know them well. It also means that you are familiar with them and they are valuable to you.
By personalization, it means that you mention their names and some of their details in the mail. For example, I would love to read a mail where my name is contained more than the one that is just generalized. Because I feel I am more important where my name is mentioned.
- Demonstrate value: make your audience understand the value you are likely to bring to them. People will only go for something that is beneficial to them. If they will be purchasing your products, they are buying it not because they like you, but because the product is valuable to them. So, make sure you are able to convince them and tell them how useful you could be to them.
- Use the perfect Call to Action (CTA): if you do your CTA well, it should make your audience perform an action. Also, your CTA must have a link that will redirect them to where your brand, website, product, or more content is.
CTAs guarantee a better conversion. Instead of people just view your client outreach campaign, they could do more through the CTA. Viewing only is called impressions, CTAs will make them click. And clicks will lead to sales or the generation of quality leads.
- Follow up: Follow up is very important because it helps you to remind your audience about you. You should initiate a follow-up email after about 4 to 5 days. However, if you send some follow-up emails to them and they do not respond. You shouldn’t disturb them. Perhaps they are busy or not interested. Just move on.
- Track your customer outreach campaign: your outreach strategy needs to be tracked so you may know if it is working or not. When you track it, you would be able to know how effective the customer outreach strategy is and whether there is a need to improve on it or change it.
Checklist for Outreach Strategy
So far, we have made it clear and understandable “what is outreach strategy?”. There are some checklists you need to have intact when you are doing your customer outreach strategy.
- Implement practices so that people who already like your brand can opt in to work with you. They will only want to work with you if they like your practices. So, make sure your practices are done well and could be attractive to any random person.
- Monitor the digital world for organic mentions of your brand to uncover and recruit new people. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. always notify you when people mention you in their posts or tweets. Through that, you would be able to monitor the success of your customer outreach strategy.
- Search across all channels for people who fit into your brand’s niche that you haven’t networked with yet. You must have a clean sheet on this. You should leave no stone unturned here. Search and search again. Those that may be useful to you may be lying in one corner that and you haven’t discovered them yet.
- Have a plan in place to communicate with your advocates, influencers, and network on an ongoing basis. Communication is very important. When you communicate to them during the execution of your customer outreach strategy, you get the chance to remain in their minds and they won’t forget you as they go about their business.
- Personalize all initial outreach when introducing yourself and your brand. We have said this earlier, always converse with your customers or clients in a familiar manner. You can do this by mentioning their names periodically. This gives them the belief that you know much about them.
- Prioritize mutually beneficial relationships. What can you offer for the valuable word of mouth recommendation? You need them, they need you. So, prioritize relationships where both parties will benefit.
- Ask for your network’s feedback and integrate them into your brand instead of making them an extension. Feedbacks are great. They let you know if your customer outreach strategies are working or not. Whenever you get feedback, make adjustments or improvements on your strategy.
- Put in place contextual and numeric qualifiers for the people you add to your brand’s network.
- Track your relationships so you know which mentions are bringing the most brand lift. You need to know the relationship that is of more value to you. You can only know this if you track the relationships you have. Some of the relationships may be dormant without bringing you leads. Discover them and work more on them. And also give more encouragement to those that are yielding better.
- Remember that sincere brand coverage is best and ask the network to weave your brand organically with their content.
- Proceed with caution when it comes to paying for mentions. Only work with people who stand behind your brand. You need to be careful with this so you don’t waste money and you won’t achieve anything. Make sure you are only paying for the mentions that are profitable to you and your brand. That is very important for the success of your customer outreach campaign.
- Implement strategies that utilize the fact that your network is present on a variety of digital channels.
Tips to Make Outreach Campaign
There are some tips you should also take note of while doing your outreach campaign. If your campaign must be successful, then, these tips must be acknowledged and obeyed. Some of them include:
- Always ensure you create the buyer persona. Find out real people who are ideal potential buyers of your product. Understanding the target market by analyzing buyer persona will result in the right outreach marketing.
- Make use of numerous lead sources. The more sources you have, the more leads you’d generate. Diversification is important if you must achieve a very successful outreach campaign.
- Do not be scared of starting with small numbers. Small numbers grow big with consistency. If you have small leads at the start of the outreach campaign, just be consistent and keep working hard, the numbers will grow with time.
- Learn how to scale. You should start scaling from the beginning of the campaign.
- Make sure you verify your leads, always. Some leads may not be valid, so, even if your source is trusted, one can’t be too careful. Verify the leads and be sure it’s the one that will convert.
- Make campaigns that are driven by predefined goals. Having set goals for your campaigns will keep you on your feet as you walk through the campaign since you know you have a target to meet.
- Analyze your campaigns and make adjustments where necessary.
Outreach marketing is a personalized and effective way of marketing your products or services. Once you know what is outreach, how to make an outreach strategy, you are on halfway of your success. The article covers everything necessary to make your next outreach marketing successful.