History has taught us that having a “no giving up” attitude can make one accomplish great things. This is evident in the lives of famous people who were successful in achieving their goals, even after years of challenges or struggles. So, DON’T EVER GIVE UP, dear.
Table of Contents
What Is “Never Give Up” Attitude?
Having a “no giving up” attitude means having a belief in your potential to be successful, and making sure you don’t quit trying to attain your goals no matter the obstacles faced. It also involves accepting that multiple failures can be part of the process and adapting to the cycle of trial and failure until success is achieved. You should keep being focused, positive, and progressive in the face of every challenge.
For example: America’s great inventor Thomas Edison made countless efforts at inventing the light bulb, but he didn’t quit the idea until it was realized in 1879.
Benefits of “Never Give Up” Attitude
In a study, it was discovered that the failure rate for young businesses was about 90%. What if the affected entrepreneurs decide to give up on their business ideas and avoid restarting the business? Dreams will be wasted, apart from the loss of financial security and jobs.
Here, you’ll understand why a word for never giving up is necessary. If you think that the phrase “don’t ever give up” is cliché, then you’re about to have a better mindset about that view.
- Not quitting enables you to use what you learned from your past mistakes to optimize your future approaches to the problem. This simply means that you’ll be working smarter next time.
- Not quitting enables you to take a fresh look at the problem from a different perspective. Your creativity will therefore be exercised in new ways.
- Not quitting will make you less fearful of failing next time. There’ll be mental preparedness to face new challenges.
Stories of “Never Give Up” Attitude
Are you ready to know 5 true “don’t ever give up” stories of famous people from different parts of the world? They’re the right kind of people to ask for a word for never giving up from. Read on.
1. Jack Ma of Alibaba Group
Jack Ma founded Alibaba which is now a multinational conglomerate based in China. Presently, he’s a billionaire with a net worth that has surpassed the 45 billion-dollar mark. He’s China’s richest person!
However, his success story didn’t start easily. He was a child who had to redo his middle school entrance exam twice. The same thing happened when he wanted to gain admission into college—another double failure in the entrance exams! Ma also had a series of ten rejection letters from Harvard University. Talk about a very determined person. See why his words are among our list of “keep trying” quotes?
Ma submitted about 30 job applications but got rejected each time. When he was finally able to get a win—an interview at Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)—he was the only one out of the applicants who was rejected.
Ma’s story of difficulty continued after he started Alibaba. The company didn’t become profitable until after a period of three years. All the Silicon Valley investors who he requested funding from declined. It got to a time when the company was nearing bankruptcy. This didn’t discourage Jack. His tenacity later yielded the great results that we know of today.
2. J. K. Rowling: Creator of Harry Potter
This British writer is perfect for our list… J. K. Rowling’s story gives us more reasons why the phrase “don’t ever give up” should be a mantra. We can start her story as a struggling writer from when she became a divorcee. She was living on government financial support at that time and could barely afford to feed her child.
Things were so hard that affording a computer or the cost of making manuscript copies was impossible. Rowling had to type out each draft of the voluminous Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone for submission to publishers. The drafts were rejected several times until a manuscript was accepted by Bloomsbury Publishing.
The book series is now a world-famous collection with many awards gained and over 500 million copies sold. It’s the all-time bestselling book series! Apart from that, Harry Potter is one of the top 5 all-time highest-grossing movie franchises. J. K. is worth over 1 billion dollars presently.
3. Nelson Mandela against Apartheid
Nelson Mandela was the most significant figure in the fight against the oppressive Apartheid regime. In 1993, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace due to his democratic take-over from the Apartheid government.
Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years (1962 to 1990) for conspiring against the Apartheid government. It was a life sentence, but he was released due to local and international pressure. Nelson had become 72 years old by then. Wasted life? No! He continued the struggle until the fight was won when he became president in 1994.
Madiba, as he’s fondly called, was a beacon of hope for many other anti-Apartheid activists while as a prisoner. His years of struggle against the segregationist government spanned a period of 51 years!
4. Why Oprah Winfrey’s Story Is Good Enough for Never Giving Up Inspiration
The American “Queen of all Media” went through a lot while growing up. She faced sexual abuse, molestation, racism, and early teenage pregnancy. The baby died shortly after Winfrey gave birth. These experiences didn’t stop her from becoming an honors student at the end of high school—enabling her to win a college scholarship.
Winfrey started as an employee in a radio station before rising to become a world-renowned talk show host, television producer, actress, author, and philanthropist. Her net worth was about 2.7 billion USD as of March 2021.
5. Nick Vujicic’s Life without Limits
Vujicic is a very clear example of an individual who didn’t let his disability get in the way of his progress in life. He was born in Australia with tetra-amelia syndrome—a condition that involves having incompletely formed limbs (no arms and legs).
Vujicic grew up experiencing physical, emotional, and mental challenges. He was also picked on by bullies at school. All these got a young Nick to the point of attempting suicide at age 10. Thankfully, Nick later accepted his condition and decided to become an agent of positive change.
Now he’s an international inspirational speaker and bestselling author who also paints, swims, surfs, and skydives! He has been to over 57 countries! Amazing, right?! See?? Don’t ever give up! Oh, we can’t forget to mention that Vujicic is happily married with four children.
Watch this YouTube video for another true story of not giving up:
Don’t Ever Give Up – 15 Inspiring Quotes
Quotes on trying can help you stay motivated and boost your morale. That’s why we’ve presented 15 “keep trying” quotes from 15 famous people. Now without further ado, on to our “don’t stop” quotes!
- “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you.”
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
- “Keep moving forward.”
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
- “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.”
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.”
- “When you give up on life, never give up on yourself, because there is so much for you to keep on giving!”
- “Never, never, never give up.”
- “No matter what you’re going through, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.”
- “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
- “Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.”
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.”
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
- “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
How to Build “Never Give Up” Attitude
From quotes on trying, we’re moving on to the development of a “no quitting” mindset. You can build such an attitude by simply motivating yourself, keeping a positive attitude at work, and avoiding procrastination.
You can also take this course on Teachable for a guided learning approach: The Power of Attitude. Students will learn about eight attitudes that can affect their lives in a positive and significant way.
1. What Happens When You Never Give up?
You’ll become better and better until you’re good enough to finally achieve your goals and objectives. So don’t ever give up no matter what! The “keep trying” quotes given in this guide should be useful as answers.
2. How Do I Have a “Never Give up” Attitude?
Read the tips and “don’t stop” quotes given in this guide. These other tips should help:
- Believe in yourself
- Discover and follow your passion
- Set clear goals and objectives
- Stop comparing yourself to others
The last word for never giving up? Ensure you’re on the right path that’s related to your passion, and not doing what someone else or society pressured you to do. Don’t ever give up because there’s always hope—as evident in the “keep trying” quotes given in this guide. Take advantage of the Teachable course that was suggested earlier in order to develop a strong “no giving up” attitude.